Mount Pleasant Family Law and Divorce Attorney Provides Help When It Matters Most
The experience and toughness you need in South Carolina family court
When facing the emotional turbulence of divorce, you must rely on a skilled attorney to protect your rights and assets. Since 1997, South Carolina residents have counted on Douglas A. Barker for tenacious representation in difficult times. Attorney Barker and his knowledgeable staff are dedicated to providing individualized attention so that each client can thrive as they move forward. We focus on what’s most important to you and advocate diligently so you can achieve positive results in disputes over child custody, property distribution and future support.
Skilled legal representation that you can trust with your family matter
With more than 21 years of experience, Douglas Barker has built a reputation for tough advocacy combined with superior client service that we demonstrate in the following ways:
- Serving your family’s needs — Attorney Barker and his knowledgeable staff are committed to providing you with solutions that go beyond the courtroom and service that accommodates your unique needs in your family law case.
- Responding to your questions — You will not have to wonder what is occurring or why a certain step was taken. We answer every question promptly and keep you fully informed so that everything we do is in your best interest.
- Providing compassionate guidance — Every communication and action we make is done with patience and consideration for the turmoil you’re experiencing. In addition to maximizing your results, we want to allay your fears and uncertainty.
From your initial consultation, you will understand how our focused approach to family law combines steadfast advocacy with caring service.
Professional counsel for every aspect of marriage and divorce
The end of a marriage, no matter how amicable, is stressful for all parties and involves difficult questions requiring careful consideration. Douglas Barker can answer each question and advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of each option available. The areas in which we provide counsel are:
- Divorce — We explain and evaluate your choices for filing and resolving your divorce case.
- Separation — If you’re living apart from your spouse and wish to clarify the terms of separation, we will work to ensure a fair Order of Separate Maintenance and Support.
- Child custody and support — The most contentious issue in a divorce often concerns child custody and support. We will take every step to resolve these disputes in a way that works for you and preserves the best interests of your children.
- Alimony — The laws governing spousal support and alimony have evolved in recent years. We will give you an idea what to expect in your particular situation and fight to preserve your rights.
- Prenuptial agreements — If you’re thinking of getting married, we offer comprehensive advice about protecting your assets with a prenuptial agreement.
Whatever concerns you have, Douglas Barker provides comprehensive legal advice on all subjects relating to marriage and divorce.
Contact a dedicated Mount Pleasant family lawyer for a consultation
If you’re considering divorce, it’s important to consult with an experienced family law attorney who offers you the best chance for a positive resolution. At Douglas Barker, we draw upon more than 21 years of experience guiding clients through family law cases in South Carolina. Call us at 843-727-0077 or contact us online. From our office in Mount Pleasant, we serve clients from Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley counties.