“What a relief it was to have Douglas Barker representing me! I previously had legal counsel that was taking care of my case but was doing a very poor job of it! You’re just not going to find a better attorney than Doug Barker! He truly cares for his clients’ best interests and went out of his way to ensure I was taken care of in a difficult situation! I can not thank him enough for getting my life back on track and helping me through one of the most difficult situations I have ever been in!”
*Client testimonial from Lawyers.com. Any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients
Mount Pleasant Family Law and Divorce Attorney Provides Help When It Matters Most
The experience and toughness you need in South Carolina family court
When facing the emotional turbulence of divorce, you must rely on a skilled attorney to protect your rights and assets. Since 1997, South Carolina residents have counted on Barker Family Law for tenacious representation in difficult times. At Barker Family Law, we are dedicated to providing individualized attention so that each client can thrive as they move forward. We focus on what’s most important to you and advocate diligently to achieve positive results.
Skilled legal representation that you can trust with your family matter
With more than 24 years of experience, we have built a reputation for tough advocacy combined with superior client service that we demonstrate in the following ways:
- Serving your family’s needs — We are committed to providing solutions that go beyond the courtroom and service that accommodates your unique needs.
- Responding to your questions — You will not have to wonder what is happening in your case or why a certain step was taken. We answer every question promptly and keep you fully informed so you can be confident that everything we do is in your best interest.
- Providing compassionate guidance — Every communication and action we make is with patience and consideration for the turmoil you’re experiencing. In addition to maximizing your results, we want to calm your fears and uncertainty.
Our focused approach to family law combines steadfast advocacy with caring service.
Professional counsel for every aspect of marriage and divorce
The end of a marriage is stressful and involves difficult questions requiring careful consideration. At Barker Family Law, we answer each question and advise you on the advantages and disadvantages of available options. The areas in which we provide counsel are:
- Divorce — We explain and evaluate your choices for filing and resolving your divorce case.
- Separation — If you’re living apart and wish to clarify the terms of separation, we will work to ensure a fair Order of Separate Maintenance and Support.
- Child custody and support — The most contentious issues in a divorce are often child custody and support. We will take every step to resolve these disputes in a way that works for you and preserves the best interests of your children.
- Alimony — Laws governing spousal support and alimony have evolved in recent years. We will give you an idea what to expect in your situation and fight to preserve your rights.
- Prenuptial agreements — If you’re thinking of getting married, we offer legal advice about protecting your assets with a prenuptial agreement.
Whatever concerns you have, we provide comprehensive legal advice on all subjects relating to marriage and divorce.
Contact a dedicated Mount Pleasant family lawyer for a consultation
If you’re considering divorce, it’s important to consult with an experienced family law attorney. Call us at 843-727-0077 or contact us online. From our office in Mount Pleasant, we serve clients from Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley counties.